RIGHT TO MAKE CLAIM OR SUE FOR DAMAGES OR INJURY
IN CONSIDERATION of the grant of permission for my participation in the activities of the Atlanta Amateur Hockey League, I hereby bind myself and my heirs, administrators, executors, successors and assigns (collectively "I" or "my") to forever release any claims, indemnify, hold harmless and to repay to the League, its members, directors, and officers, and all persons, firms or corporations (collectively "releasees")against whom suit or claim may be brought, any sum of money that said releasees and indemnitees may hereafter be compelled to pay on account of injuries and damages sustained by me during said league participation and I further agree to indemnify, defend, hold harmless and repay releasees and indemnitees for any and all liability for any portion of any hereafter acquired judgement or settlement later judicially or otherwise determined to be in whole or in part the legal responsibility of the releasees and indemnitees by reason of any such claim, including all expenses and attorney fees for defending against such claim or claims. Further, to the fullest extent permitted by law, I hereby release, Waive any liability, claims against, demands, causes of action, damages, loss, or expenses, and Covenant Not to Sue Releasees. I further acknowledge that hockey games and practice carry certain risks, and is inherently dangerous, including without limitation, contact or collision with other skaters or other natural or manmade objects, imperfect ice conditions, equipment failure, and injury contact with sticks, pucks, and body contact between players. I willingly and voluntarily assume accept and assume all such risk of injury incidental to the sport, and/or risks by participation in this activity.
WEAR PROPER EQUIPMENT OR ELSE
League rules require, in addition to other rules and regulations currently in existence or to be hereafter enacted, that players participating in league practice and play, wear protective helmets with full face guard, or with eye protection and mouth guard, approved for hockey. Triple A players only, may play with approved helmets without eye protection. The league is concerned not only for the safety of its players, but also to protect its assets for the good of the remaining members of the league and for its officers individually. While the league will not knowingly permit play in contravention to these safety rules, and the referees are fully empowered to prohibit or eject players with non conforming equipment, the league cannot and will not actively police the players, and the responsibility to adhere to the proper equipment code remains primarily with each player. I acknowledge that sticks, pucks, and the nature of play make it likely that a head or facial injury will likely occur to an unprotected area, and that amateur hockey can result in injuries, or more severe injuries, if protective helmets and face guards are not worn including, by way of example but not limited to, loss of vision, loss of an eye, blindness, facial fractures, loss of teeth, lacerations, concussion, skull fractures, temporary or permanent coma or death, and I specifically assume the risk of any such injury which is caused in whole or in part from the lack of use or improper use of the above required equipment, or use of unapproved or defective equipment. I further acknowledge that while the use of proper equipment diminishes the likelihood of and severity of injury, it cannot guarantee the total avoidance of injury. Triple A players in particular, who choose not to wear full protective face protection acknowledge and agree to accept the risks and consequences of not using such safety gear.
IF YOU THINK YOU MIGHT WANT TO SUE THE LEAGUE OR ITS OFFICERS OR DIRECTORS IF YOU GET HURT, DONíT SIGN THIS AGREEMENT, AND DONíT PLAY IN THE LEAGUE.
ADDITIONAL WAIVER FOR PLAYERS UNDER THE AGE OF 18
If you are registering on behalf of a minor player who will be under the age of 18 at the commencement of league play or practice for which the minor is registered, the submission of this application together with the acceptance of payment online or otherwise, constitutes the acknowledgment and consent to the following provisions, 1-5, in addition to all other provisions of this waiver, the same being made by, and applicable to, such player and parent, and those individuals listed in 1 below.
1. The parent of any minor skating in the league if such parent plays in the league, any person affixing his or her name to this application, as well as any adult paying for the minor playerís dues by check, credit card, or otherwise (Applicant), agree to the indemnification language set out above in the event of a claim by or on behalf of the minor. All of the rules, warnings, cautions, agreements and waivers applicable to adults as set forth above are applicable to the minor player.
2. Applicant acknowledges that the minor is applying for membership and will be competing in an adult league with players over the age of 18 years.
3. Applicant acknowledges the increased risk of injury due to weight and/or height disparity of the minor player and adults playing in the league, and for themselves and the minor, agree to assume the risk of all injuries sustained during participation in League activities.
4. Applicant will indemnify and hold the League and those others listed above, harmless for any claim by or on behalf of the minor.
5. Submission of this application is a certification that the person who is applying on behalf of the minor is authorized to so act by Court Order or Judgment, or is the custodial parent with such authority, or otherwise has the legal authority to make this application and agree to all elements of the waiver. Falsification of such certification shall constitute fraud.
Players are responsible for knowing and following all league rules and regulations. Copies of the rules and regulations are available from any league officer, or by calling the league hotline number at (770) 650-RINK.